News Mental Health Awareness Month - NAMI Southwest IA
Happy Mental Health Awareness Month!
There are so many things happening this month, we wanted to make sure you are IN THE KNOW! You can find information about all of our upcoming events on our calendar.
However, there are a few important items that have upcoming deadlines - and I don't want you to miss out!
The GOLDEN TICKET Raffle drawing is May 13th! Ticket Sales end May 13th at NOON (online with debit card or in person cash or check). Drawing will be held at our Annual Birthday Celebration & Annual Meeting in Atlantic, Iowa. Don't miss out on your chance to win a trip to Cabo, Las Vegas, Tuscany, or a cash prize of $2,000! Learn more or purchase tickets here: NAMI Southwest Iowa Golden Ticket Raffle.
An eight-week NAMI Family to Family Class will begin on May 15th. This class will be a hybrid class. Participants can attend via Zoom or in-person in Council Bluffs. Classes will be held every Monday evening from 6pm - 8:30pm, beginning May 15th. Learn more or sign up here: NAMI Family-to-Family Class.
Check out our calendar for more information on any of our SPECIAL events in May:
- May 13 11am-2pm - NAMI Southwest Iowa Annual Meeting & Birthday Celebration (Free FOOD & FUN!)
- May 15 6pm - NAMI Family-to-Family Class begins.
- May 17 3pm - Improving Workplace Well Being - Council Bluffs Chamber Workforce Power Hour presented by NAMI Southwest Iowa
- May 18 6pm - NAMI Southwest Iowa C.A.R.E.S. Series - Being a Mental Health Advocate
- May 20 9am - Cups of HOPE - Free coffee, pastries & stories of HOPE
- May 20 1pm - HOPE Walk
- May 31 6:30pm - Tardive Dyskinesia (TD) Webinar - Ask the Expert!
In addition to all of these special events in May, we have regular support groups for individuals and family members that are impacted by mental illness (including a Veteran Support Group). We would be glad to have you join us.
Thank you so much for your time and attention - as always, we APPRECIATE all of our supporters that help spread the word about the good work we are doing!
Enjoy the rest of your week,
P.O. Box 143, Neola, IA 51559
Phone: (712) 542-7904
Cell: (402) 689-5913
Back: All News