News Build community with Skills System!
Build community with Skills System!
Learning effective strategies to manage emotions can benefit the individuals we support, the people working in our systems, and our programs. Without skills, it is hard for any of us to reach our personal goals! Amerigroup Iowa has made several FREE user-friendly Skills System resources available to providers to help with the people you serve and your teams. The resources fill important resource gaps, are easy to use, and are adjustable for our populations and settings. We are here to help!
You are invited to join us for Introduction to the Skills System webinars on:
Friday September 10, 2021 at 1 pm CST
Wednesday October 13, 2021 at 12 pm CST
The Skills System * is a user-friendly tool that is designed to help people of differing ages and abilities manage their emotions more effectively. Skills are easy to learn, fun, and help us reach our goals!
Dr. Brown, the author of the Skills System, will chat with webinar participants about:
- What is the Skills System?
- How can the Skills System help?
- Individuals we serve
- Support teams
- Family members
- What are the nine core skills?
- How can we all learn the Skills System?
- How can we become Skills Coaches?
- How can our organizations implement the Skills System?
Amerigroup Iowa is giving providers a wide variety of free Skills System resources to help teach, train, and implement the Skills System.
- E-Learning memberships (6 hours of fun online Skills System training)
- Course 1 Skills Basics
- Course 2 Skills Coaching Strategies
- Group Practice Forums with Dr. Brown to expand competency and address the needs of individuals with complex mental health and learning challenges.
- Agency remote consultations with Dr. Brown to assist with the implementation process.
Join us and check out how the Skills System can help the individuals and team members within your organization.
* Skills System is an independent company providing e-learning services on behalf of Amerigroup Iowa.
Recovery & Resiliency Coordinator
Amerigroup Iowa, Inc.
4800 Westown Parkway, Suite 200
West Des Moines, IA 50266
M. (563) 564-2933
Back: All News